ServicesVM&TS provides a complete range of service that covers all the aspects of the project cycle
We place a high importance on proactive Environmental Health and Safety and Quality management within all stages of project delivery, running from design concepts to commissioning and life cycle completion. Our EHS and QMS delivery certainly meets equals and usually exceeds all corporate client expectations.
In VM&TS our intention is to provide a complete range of service that covers all the aspects of the project cycle.
We recognise that technical due diligence inspection needs to be tailored to suit a client’s specific needs. Whether the client is the landlord, the tenant or prospective purchaser not only the inspection but the emphasis of the reporting will need to reflect what the client needs to know.
Our reporting is also tailored to meet client requirements. Unless specifically instructed otherwise, we would provide concise summaries and recommendations in clear text for non-technical readership combined with both a photographic record of the site and an in-depth detailed technical description sections that can be used as a point of reference in any later discussion.
Reports can be provided in one of several languages, checked by native speaker to ensure ease of reception by the client.
Before we commence a technical due diligence inspection we need to know reasoning behind the request and what the client needs from the inspection.
We have carried out technical due diligence inspections for clients for many reasons but principally the following categories make up the majority of cases.
- Asset lease or purchase
- Sale and leaseback
- End of lease dilapidation Condition survey in anticipation of taking a lease
- Building Regulation compliance including health and safety issues
- Licencing compliance including checks with town hall registry
- Risk analysis for the presence of dilapidated materials
- Estimation of immediate and long term CAPEX liabilities
- Topographic and Measurement surveying to establish accurate lease figures
- Environmental survey
The personnel that make up the VM&TS survey teams have carried out literally thousands of inspections, but we detail below just a small selection of recent projects that provide a flavour of the scale and diversity we have covered.
DESIGN AND DESIGN MANAGEMENT
VM&TS provides design services that encompass the following;
- Structural engineering
- Civil engineering
- Electromechanical Services Engineering
- Bills of Quantities
Drawing on many years of experience our designs are based on know and tested methods while using imagination and flexibility to deliver cost effective solutions that meet the clients’ needs and aspirations. To meet these client needs we need to know our clients’ businesses and their operational philosophies.
Licencing and Permits
- Performance Duties to permit design and build contracts to be sought and delivered
- Full design to provide tender stage documentation to allow contractor development of the working “For Installation”
- Full design for direct installation by contractor
All stages of design are audited to ensure the provision meets budget cost compliance, build-ability and compliance with full life-cycle SHE requirements.
PROJECT AND CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT
We provide project and construction management customised to meet our clients’ needs. For these reasons we have provided different dedications to suit and reflect need.
- Site monitoring and reporting – generally on a regular periodic basis to evaluate compliance of design and construction contractors with the contractual imperatives, assessment of progress, auditing of SHE compliance, auditing and certification of valuations.
- Site based eyes and ears – To provide a permanent presence on site to liaise fully with the contractor delivery team to monitor and control adherence with the site based contractor management team
- Project management – Providing a project management permanently on site to run the site with a principle contract appointed to run their direct labour and their sub contractors.
- Construction management – To run and manage and control the coordination activities of individually directly appointed contractors
Aspects of Project management
- Staged Planning Schedule development using MS PROJECT
- Cost estimation including budgeting
- Risk analysis and assessment including mitigation strategies
- SHE assessment, auditing and management including site safety plans and strategies, safe working method statements and rigorous monitoring to ensure compliance
- Quality management with regular inspection, photographic recording and production of defect listings during the site delivery
- Leading regular site meetings
- Honest reporting on progress, costs, risks and mitigation strategies
- Testing and Commissioning in a controlled and staged manner to guarantee safe operation compliance of all systems
- Signing off and handover with full record and maintenance documentation
- Life cycle analysis
Contract and Commercial Management
- Formation of tendering packets to meet project needs
- Contractor auditing prior to tender and formation of tender listing
- Competitive tendering including tender analysis and recommendation
- Formation of contract documentation
- Validation of contracts in-country
- Fiscal audit and considerations to minimise taxation
- Project cost audit, projections and monitoring
- Monthly valuation sign-offs, prediction and risk analysis
MEP INSTALLATIONS DESIGN
Our consulting Installations design services include:
- Low Voltage Installations
- Medium Voltage Installations
- Very Low Voltage Installations
- Air conditioning
- Fire Protection
- Gas, etc.